Reduce Your Car Rental Bill
Some useful money-saving tips...Want to reduce your car rental bill? A little planning and some considered changes to your typical rental habits can result in a significant reduction to your car rental costs.
- Select your choice of vehicle according to your actual needs by considering car size for luggage and passenger space. Today a group-B vehicle with a 1300 engine capacity has a similar capacity to the 1600 vehicles of a few years earlier.
- Renting a lower car group means less fuel consumption, cheaper waivers and reduced liability.
- Check conditions relating to refuelling prior to returning your vehicle. Unlike the model applied overseas, in South Africa, Avis does not impose a surcharge if you don’t refuel. You will only pay for the fuel you have used on your journey at standard retail petrol prices.
- Consider sharing with a colleague when you are travelling to the same region and attending the same events. This will reduce the overall cost.
- Depending on your business or the meetings you need to attend, you could consider using a Point-2-Point transfer instead of car rental. This will allow you to sit back, make calls, check your emails or rehearse your presentation before your next appointment. And you won’t need to worry about getting lost or searching for parking.
- Watch the 24-hour clock and make sure you get your vehicle back to Avis in time. While some car rental companies do not offer a grace period, Avis allows for 29 minutes over the 24 hour rental period before the next day/s charge is applied.