Avis Preferred loyalty
When you join AVIS Preferred® – you’re our priority
Fast-track service at the counter
As a member you will have access to the perks of our priority service straight away. These are just some of our benefits:
Pre-prepared rental paperwork
Cars parked in the most convenient spaces
Exclusive Avis Preferred priority phone and email contacts
Keys and paperwork all waiting for you in your rental car (at selected locations)
Bonus member benefits, including free upgrades and free rentals
Avis Preferred is available at over 3,300 locations worldwide – and membership is completely free.Apply for Avis Preferrred
How to join Avis Preferred:
You can join quickly and easily online – you’ll just need your driving licence and payment card to hand. Once sign-up is completed, you’ll instantly receive your unique customer number via email.
Make sure you download your digital membership card via the sign up confirmation page. Alternatively, you can download your card by clicking the 'Add to Mobile' link in your online profile or here.
Then, when you’re ready to make a booking with us, simply sign in online or quote your customer number over the phone. And you can start to enjoy the perks of our priority service on your next rental.
Please note: if you are already an Avis Preferred member but don’t have an online profile with Avis then you can create a password. Just fill in your Avis Customer Number and Surname, click 'Get my details' and complete the registration.
Our three levels of loyaltyWith Avis Preferred, the more you rent with us – the more benefits you unlock. We have three levels of membership based on your rental history over the last year, all boasting bigger and better perks as you go.
When you join, you’ll start as an Avis Preferred member, and can rise to our Avis Preferred Plus (hire 5+ vehicles and spend €1,000) and Avis President’s Club tiers (hire 10+ vehicles and spend €2,000) – with each tier rise valid for one year. Find out more in our How It Works section.
A little bonus to get you started (helping you reach Avis Preferred Plus status even faster): the ‘loyalty value’ of your rental will go up by €100 if you hire a vehicle within 60 days of registration.
Please note: This value will be credited within five days of the rental car being returned to us, at which point it can be viewed in your online profile. This bonus only applies to new Avis Preferred Loyalty members.
Where loyalty lives
If you are a resident in one of the below countries, you are eligible to be part of our Avis Preferred loyalty programme. Any worldwide rental will count towards your balance, but loyalty benefits like vehicle upgrades, free additional driver and guarateed vehicles will only be available in these countries.
Please note: If any rentals are missing from your currenty loyalty balance you can sign into your profile and claim them here.
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
+The small print
- Avis Preferred members must make their reservation four hours in advance. Please ensure that your Avis Preferred profile is up to date (including an email address).
- Priority on the newest cars is subject to availability, for your chosen rental period, at your destination rental station.
- Keys in car service is currently available at selected Avis Preferred locations across Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.
- Free weekend rentals are valid in the countries specified on your e-voucher for a three-day rental for a small to mid-size car (Group A vehicle in South Africa). This includes fees, mandatory cover and taxes. Fuel, extra services and airport surcharges are not included.
- Free weekend rentals must be booked via the link given on the voucher.
- Single car upgrades are subject to availability for Avis Preferred Plus members. Double upgrades for Avis President's Club members are also subject to availability.
- Upgrades are not eligible with vans, Avis Select Series vehicles, Luxury or Prestige cars, chauffeur-driven services, Safari rental or rentals of over 14 days in duration.
- Avis President's Club members' single upgrades are guaranteed at airport and railway stations at countries where Loyalty lives (see above) and at city-centre locations upon availability.
- Avis President’s Club members can bank on getting guaranteed cars on demand with bookings made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Corporate customers: your travel policy or corporate agreement may exclude participating in the Avis Preferred Loyalty programme - check with your Avis account manager. You will still be able to sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- Partnerships: the partnership agreement may exclude participating in the Avis Preferred Loyalty programme. Refer to partnership offering. You will still be able to sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- To complete your Avis Preferred application, you just need your driving licence and payment card – and you must comply with the country’s booking terms and conditions.
- Avis Preferred loyalty tier spend can be accrued when hiring standard fleet, Avis Select Series and, in certain countries, Avis Prestige vehicles.
- Loyalty tier spend can also be accrued when renting Vans, Luxury cars and chauffeur-driven services in South Africa.