Win* with Avis SafeDrive
Get rewarded for good driving behaviour
Get rewarded for good driving behaviour
Planning to visit family, friends or one of many holiday destinations around South Africa?
Get there safely by adding an Avis SafeDrive unit to your rental for just R20 per day. Score 90% and above for good driving behaviour and you'll be entered into a draw to WIN* one of 3 Takealot vouchers every month until 8th February 2022.
Once your unit has been activated, you are able to access trip data, see your driving scores and monitor your driving behaviour in order to earn great rewards and get access to safety features such as:
Simply add Avis SafeDrive to your rental from the 'Extras' page when making a booking.
Terms and conditions apply - please see below
1. This Competition is organized by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winner agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 08 November 2021 until 08 February 2022 on the Avis Website
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of the republic of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 08 November 2021 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 08 February 2022 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. The prize consists of,
6.1 Three (3) Takealot vouchers monthly for three (3) months:
6.2 1st Prize: R1000
2nd Prize: R750
3rd Prize: R500
7. The winner will be announced on the Avis Social media pages on….
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
8.1 Be a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa
8.2 Rent an Avis vehicle, add a SafeDrive unit to the rental and activate the unit
8.3 Score a minimum of 90% and above to qualify for a random draw
Multiple entries are not permitted.
9. The winner will be determined by way of selection based on the driving score. All qualifying entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 above will be eligible for selection.
The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation
10. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
11. All participants and winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or marketing service provider of this Competition.
12. The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 2 (two) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
13. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph above 10, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
14. The prize is strictly non-transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change or credit will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
15. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
18. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.