Why buy it, when you can rent it?
Book here for this offer, which is NOW available indefinitely. Offer only available at branches specified below for a minimum 31 to maximum 90 day rental duration. Additional reservations can be made at the end of each 90 day period.
Booking This Offer
Make your booking at one of the qualifying locations listed below, making sure that your rental duration is longer that 31 days and shorter than 90 days. No payment will be taken at the time of booking.
Collection and Payment
When collecting we will take an authorisation holdPlease refer to the FAQ's below for a detailed explanation. on your payment card for the monthly rental price plus the estimated cost of a tank of fuel and extras. Standard rental checkout procedures will apply.
Return to the branch every 30 days so that we can take a km reading & check the vehicle condition. We will then take an authorisation hold for either the next 30 days or the remainder of your rental, whichever is shorter.
- An authorisation hold for the cost of the first months rental and an estimated cost of a tank of fuel and extras will be taken on your payment card when collecting the vehicle.
- If renting for longer than one month (30 days) the same authorisation hold will be taken at the beginning of each 30 day period.
- The cost of the first months rental, plus an authorisation for the estimated cost of a tank of fuel will be taken on your payment card when collecting the vehicle.
- The vehicle must be returned to the rental location every 30 days for vehicle condition checking, kilometer reading and payment for the next month's rental.
- This offer is only available for booking and collection at the locations listed below.
- Minimum 31 day rental duration.
- Maximum 90 day rental duration.
- Rates are valid within South Africa
- Rates are subject to change and availability
- Standard Rental Terms and Conditions apply
- 100km free per day
- One Additional Driver
- Super Collision Damage Waiver
- Super Theft Loss Waiver
- Tourism Levy
- Location Surcharge
- Windscreen and Tyre Damage Waiver
- One Way Fees
- Delivery and Collection Fees
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Rental Contract Fee
- Frequent Flyer Miles
- Optional Extras, e.g. Baby Seats, GPS, etc.
This offer is available at the following locations:
- Airport Industria
- Bloemfontein Airport
- Bloemfontein City Centre
- Cape Town City Centre
- Centurion - Pretoria
- Durban City Centre
- East London Airport
- East London City Centre
- Grand Central
- George Airport
- George City Centre
- Isando - Johannesburg
- Jeffreys Bay
- King Williams Town
- Menlyn - Pretoria
- Mmbatho City Centre
- Mossel Bay
- Nelspruit City Centre
- Plettenburg Bay
- Polokwane Airport
- Port Alfred
- Port Elizabeth Airport
- Port Elizabeth City Centre
- Pretoria City Centre
- Richards Bay
With more locations coming soon!
We'll even give you 50% off On The Road Costs and R1000 cash back to sweeten the deal.
To claim this offer simply visit your nearest Avis Car Sales branch with the rental agreement for your monthly rental and a branch representative will assist you.
Authorisation Amount Explained
We will take an authorisation hold on your credit card at the beginning of each monthly period. The monthly authorisation amount (quoted above) includes the cost of the rental, the estimated cost of a tank for fuel and an estimated amount for any extras (e.g. additional km's) that may be incurred. At the end of each monthly period the rental charges will be debited from your account and the authorisation hold released. We will then take a new authorisation hold for the following month should the rental be continuing.
Here is how the authorisation hold works:
When collecting the car
- Avis requests your bank to reserve a hold against the funds on your card.
- Your bank will usually present this as a pending transaction that reduces the money you have available to spend. This might appear to be a debit on your statement but it is not.
- We do not charge your card. No funds are actually taken from your account.
- This hold will be the estimated cost of your rental (including a tank of fuel and extras).
When returning the car
- Once your card is charged with the invoice amount, the hold will be released by your bank.
- As this was a temporary hold and not charged, the return funds will not be shown as a transaction on your statement, instead your available balance will increase.
- Depending on your bank, it can take up to 30 days before this is reflected on your account balance.
- The time to release the hold is not within our control.
Please contact your bank for any authorisation hold queries.
The prices that have been advertised are for a 31 day rental and are only available at the qualified branches listed on this page.
- Should your rental be longer than 31 days you will receive a quote for the full duration of the rental (you will be charged for one month on receiving the vehicle). We assure you that the daily rate remains the same as the advertised price, i.e. the daily rate for a Group A is R200 (R6 200 divided by 31).
- If you have selected a branch that is not listed the normal monthly rate will apply. More branches will be added to this offer soon.
To ensure the proper maintenance of the car we need to do a kilometre reading every 30 days. Should the car have exceed its service interval we will provide a new vehicle for you. We will also use this time to process the payment for the next 30 days, or the remainder of your rental, whichever is shorter.
This offer has been extended indefinitely. You will, however, need make a new reservation every 90 days to continue your rental.
We are accepting payment on approved debit cards. Please use the debit card verification tool at the bottom of this page to confirm if your debit card will be accepted.
Yes, you can add one additional driver to the rental at no extra cost.
Yes, you will be able to purchase your rental car through Avis Car Sales at the end of your rental. We will also give you 50% off the “on the road costs” and R1000 cash back when doing a purchase. Simply visit your nearest Avis Car Sales branch with the Rental Agreement from your monthly rental to facilitate the deal.
Confirm if your debit card will be accepted
Please note that all cards which do not reflect the card holders' name will still need to be verified at the counter for validity.
Please insert the first 6 digits on your debit card to confirm if it will be accepted for payment.