Car hire at Alicante Airport
Address & Contact DetailsAeropuerto De Alicante, Alicante, 03071. Tel: +34902109808
24-hour drop off
|Tuesday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
|Wednesday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
|Thursday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
|Friday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
|Saturday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
|Sunday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
|Monday||07:00 - 01:00 00:00 - 01:00|
Car hire in Alicante airportSpain’s gorgeous and sunny east coast is waiting for you and so are we. You’ll find the Avis car hire desk at Arrivals in the airport itself. So what are you waiting for? Start your journey and book today.
Plan your trip from Alicante airportThe city’s glistening 15km coastline is dotted with beautiful beaches. The largest of them, San Juan, is lined with enticing villas and restaurants.
In the centre of town, explore the incredible Provincial Archaeological Museum of Alicante or take a trip to the Castle of Santa Bárbara to take in the breath-taking views of the bay of Alicante.
Take a drive south and you’ll find yourself at the Cape of Santa Pola, here you’ll discover two gorgeous golden beaches for you to enjoy.
Road trips from AlicanteBenidorm
Benidorm is just a 30 minute drive away from Alicante. With its beautiful beaches and year-round sunshine, it’s not hard to see why it’s one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world.
Continue north for another two hours and you’ll arrive at Valencia. Its evocative old quarter dramatically contrasting with Europe’s newest cultural and scientific complex, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (City of Arts and Sciences).
There’s so much to see and do and it’s all within touching distance of Alicante. Venture south of Alicante and you’ll be presented with a feast of beautiful coastal resorts including La Manga del Mar Menor in Murcia and Mojácar in Almería.
Driving rules in SpainWhich side of the road?
In Spain, please drive on the right side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Mobile phones may not be used at all whilst driving
- Do not use headphones when driving (except hearing aids)
- Dipped headlights must be used in poor daylight visibility
- Always use indicators, you will be fined for not using indicators when needed
- Cyclists have right of way, at all times
All speed signs will be in km/h.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 50 km/h (31 mph)
- Rural areas: 90 km/h (55 mph)
- Motorways: 120km/h (74mph)
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 12 and less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
- Children aged under 12 are not allowed to sit in the front seat
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.