No reason to get lost againWe know that there's one piece of technology that will help to get where you need to go: the GPS
Our technology products, where available, can be added during the online booking process. Once you've selected your vehicle group, you'll be asked to "Choose your extras". Scroll down to the "GPS" box. You can also book this product, or add to an existing booking, by calling our reservations or at the rental counter.
Let Avis GPS be your guideGetting lost is a stressful experience, especially when time is in short supply. Whether you're out of town on business or on an adventure, we can help you along the way with quality portable sat nav devices offering turn-by-turn instructions.
"At roundabout, take the third exit"
We offer dependable, easy to use sat navs with voice prompts like the Garmin nüvi 54LM, stocked with helpful features like lane guidance, detailed views of tricky junctions and real-time speed camera alerts.
Mini guides that talk
Our sat navs are jam-packed with detailed maps of South Africa as well as points of interest, like shops, restaurants, heritage sites and attractions – plus nearby hospitals, police stations and petrol stations. You can even unplug your sat nav and use it for pedestrian navigation.
R99 per day!
Rates are inclusive of VAT.
Avis GPS rental is subject to a liability amount of R1 820 payable by the hirer should the unit be lost, stolen or damaged. A fee will be charged for stolen, lost or damaged accessories.
Key Avis GPS Renter Responsibilities
1. When collecting the GPS unit at the Avis station, the GPS Renter should check that all accessories (i.e: a GPS unit, a charger, a cradle and suction cup) are in the Avis GPS bag.
2. The GPS unit should be switched on at the rental counter to ensure the unit has power and is ready for use (note: some environments may experience poor, or loss of signal due to the nature of the building). The GPS unit will be assumed to be in good working order unless otherwise advised by the GPS Renter while on the premises of the Avis GPS collection branch.
3. In the event that a GPS unit has been stolen during the rental period or damaged beyond economical repair, the GPS Renter will be responsible for the specified GPS Rental liability amount.
- A copy of the Avis Damage Report Form (enclosed in the Avis Rent A Car Rental Agreement) must be completed on return to record the loss/damage.
- It is recommended, that when returning the Avis GPS unit at an Avis branch, it is handed to an authorized Avis representative and a pro-forma invoice requested to ensure correct billing.
6.A GPS unit cannot be issued to any car rental customer wishing to travel on a one way returning outside of South Africa (note: including Swaziland and Lesotho).
7.The GPS Renter accepts the applicable legal binding conditions already signed in the Avis Rent A Car Rental Agreement.
8.The GPS Renter agrees to the following charges:
- When a vehicle one way fee is being charged an additional GPS one way fee of R350 will be charged to return the GPS unit back to the original check out station.
- Loss or damage of any one of the GPS unit accessories will be charged at the actual cost of each accessory to a maximum of the GPS Rental liability.
What is Avis GPS?
The Global Positioning System (GPS) uses 24 satellites that circumnavigate the earth from space to pinpoint the receiver’s position on the earth’s surface. This information is coupled with mapping technology provides for auto-routing (voice directing turn-by-turn) navigation on all South African major, primary and secondary roads with mapping detail of more than 1000 South African cities, towns and rural villages. This includes all the South African metro’s, cities, major and secondary towns and no less than 759 rural Towns and villages and nearly 300 000km of road data. The mapping offers unrivalled coverage and is extremely user-friendly.
Travel throughout South Africa with Avis GPS Satellite Navigation. Find your way to the best sights, places and venues.
Only R95 per day!
There’s less wasted travel time for business renters and more peace of mind for leisure travellers.
How does it work?
The Avis GPS satellite navigation system unit plugs into a vehicle’s cigarette lighter point and is operated through a touch screen mechanism. Simply select the destination into the unit to be guided with turn-by-turn directions on screen and voice prompts with a choice of 17 languages: English, American English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, Polish, French Canadian, Flemish, Czech and Hungarian.
The satellite navigation system guides both visually and verbally to venues and places including:
◾Hotels & Guest houses
◾Community facilities including ATM’s
◾Transportation and transit locations
In short, get anywhere, without the worry of getting lost in a strange place.
Drive with confidence without having to fumble for maps, hunt down street signs or stop to ask for directions. There’s less wasted travel time for business renters and more peace of mind for leisure travellers