What is Avis GPS?
The Global Positioning System (GPS) uses 24 satellites that circumnavigate the earth from space to pinpoint the receiver’s position on the earth’s surface. This information is coupled with mapping technology provides for auto-routing (voice directing turn-by-turn) navigation on all South African major, primary and secondary roads with mapping detail of more than 1000 South African cities, towns and rural villages. This includes all the South African metro’s, cities, major and secondary towns and no less than 759 rural Towns and villages and nearly 300 000km of road data. The mapping offers unrivalled coverage and is extremely user-friendly
Travel throughout South Africa with Avis GPS Satellite Navigation. Find your way to the best sights, places and venues.
Only R99 per day!
There’s less wasted travel time for business renters and more peace of mind for leisure travellers.
Key Avis GPS Renter Responsibilities
1. When collecting the GPS unit at the Avis station, the GPS Renter should check that all accessories (i.e: a GPS unit, a charger, a cradle and suction cup) are in the Avis GPS bag.
2. The GPS unit should be switched on at the rental counter to ensure the unit has power and is ready for use (note: some environments may experience poor, or loss of signal due to the nature of the building). The GPS unit will be assumed to be in good working order unless otherwise advised by the GPS Renter while on the premises of the Avis GPS collection branch.
3. In the event that a GPS unit has been stolen during the rental period or damaged beyond economical repair, the GPS Renter will be responsible for the specified GPS Rental liability amount.
- A copy of the Avis Damage Report Form (enclosed in the Avis Rent A Car Rental Agreement) must be completed on return to record the loss/damage.
- It is recommended, that when returning the Avis GPS unit at an Avis branch, it is handed to an authorized Avis representative and a pro-forma invoice requested to ensure correct billing.
6.A GPS unit cannot be issued to any car rental customer wishing to travel on a one way returning outside of South Africa (note: including Swaziland and Lesotho).
7.The GPS Renter accepts the applicable legal binding conditions already signed in the Avis Rent A Car Rental Agreement.
8.The GPS Renter agrees to the following charges:
- When a vehicle one way fee is being charged an additional GPS one way fee of R385 will be charged to return the GPS unit back to the original check out station.
- Loss or damage of any one of the GPS unit accessories will be charged at the actual cost of each accessory to a maximum of the GPS Rental liability.