Additional drivers for your car hire
Share the reins
Adding an additional driver is convienient way to travel with business collegues or friends and family, especially on those long trips across our beautiful country.
Only the main driver is covered to drive one of our rental vehicles but any number of additional drivers can be added to your booking.
Additional drivers are required to adhere to all the same terms and conditions as the main driver and covered under the same rental agreement.
The most important thing to remember: Every driver must bring along their driving licence when the time comes to collect your hire car.
Please refer to Additional Driver Terms and Conditions for weekend rentals below.Book now
How to book an additional driverSupplementary drivers can be added during the online reservation process. Once you've selected your vehicle group, you'll be asked to "Choose your extras". Scroll down to the "Additional Driver" box.
Costs for additional drivers vary by location but are quoted during the online booking process.
You can also book an additional driver, or add to an existing booking, via Avis reservations.
Additional Driver Terms and Conditions for Weekend Rentals
- Only one additional driver is permitted during weekend rentals at all Airport rental locations and the Sandton Gautrain branch.
- The additional driver must be a direct family member, i.e. spouse, child or parent.
- No additional drivers are permitted over weekends at non-airport locations unless the renter resides outside of South Africa.
- Renters must produce a return boarding pass when collecting the vehicle.
- The boarding pass must adhere to the following conditions: flight must be on the same day as the RA check-out date and the name on the boarding pass must be the same as the name of the renter.
A weekend rental is a rental taking place between Thursday 0:01 and the following Monday at 23:59.