AVIS / ENROUTE
1. This Competition is organized by Avis Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 15 September 2016 until 15 March 2017 on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.4 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 20th September 2016 at 00h01 CAT and ends on 18th November 2016 at 23h59 CAT (both days inclusive).
6. There are 5 (five) prizes to be won in total consisting of 5 x inner-city return transfer in an (Economy) sedan vehicle in Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, Johannesburg or Port Elizabeth. The vehicles accommodates a maximum of 3 passengers. The prize is redeemable until 15 May 2017.
7. The winners will be announced on the next issue of the Promoter’s newsletter.
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
Participants must make a reservation for an Avis Rent a Car, Avis Luxury Cars, Avis Chauffeur Drive and Avis Point 2 Point in South Africa for collection and return between 15 September 2016 and 15 November 2016. Participants are required to quote their customer account number at the time of reservation and every closed rental, transfer automatically enters you into the draw. Participants must return the vehicle on or before the last day of the Competition, being 18 November 2016. Insurance and manufacturer or service warranty replacement vehicle rentals do not qualify for entry into the Competition.
9. The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 24th November 2016. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 above will be eligible for entry into the draw.
10. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identify. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winners, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, BFSA or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph above 10, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation outlining the process for claiming and redeeming the prize.
15. The prize is strictly non-transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change or credit will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter, Santé Hotel and Spa and Mango Airlines are not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
16. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the promotion misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
17. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.