How Avis Preferred works for you
Welcome to life in the fast laneAvis Preferred is our priority member service. Do you want in? It’s quick, simple and completely free to join.
We have tailored rewards to meet your needs ... members can reap benefits like free weekend car hire, faster reservations and rentals, priority service counters and conveniently parked cars.
At some hire stations your car will be waiting with the keys inside, so you can bypass the rental counter entirely.
To join Avis Preferred, all you need is your driving licence and payment card. You also need to comply with the country's booking terms and conditions. Some corporate and partnership accounts may exclude benefits like free upgrades and car rentals – as well as the ability to upgrade through the tiers – but you will still be able to enjoy Avis Preferred priority services.
Our three levels of loyalty
This is how it works: Sign up to Avis Preferred for free, rent with us within the first 60 days of sign-up and we will automatically credit your online loyalty account with €100 bonus (visible within five days of returning the car). That’ll help get you to Avis Preferred Plus even sooner! We'll send a plastic Avis Preferred card to your given address as soon as you sign up. Rent twice in one year and you get a free vehicle upgrade voucher and a money-off voucher. Hire just one more vehicle that year and a free weekend’s rental will be yours to enjoy.
Hire with us five times or more (and spend €1,000) within a year and you reach Avis Preferred Plus. You can now enjoy priority availability, receive a vehicle upgrade when available and get a free second driver when you need to share the driving. This also means you’ll receive another free weekend rental when you hit three rentals on your annual loyalty balance.
Hire ten times (spending €2,000) and you reach our highest tier, Avis President's Club. You now earn a guaranteed vehicle upgrade (with double upgrade on weekends where available), a free weekend’s rental when you hit three rentals on your annual loyalty balance, a free second driver and a guaranteed car when you give us 48 hours’ advance notice.
Track your tiers, manage your bookings
Once logged in to Avis Preferred you can track your progress up the loyalty tiers (in terms of both number of rentals and total spend), submit any missing rentals to the scheme or just ask us about any questions or concerns you may have. This is your portal to view statements, check booking history and amend your contact details and update credit card information.
If, on the back of your Avis Preferred card it states “Without MRA”, sign into your account and update your profile to accept our Master Rental Agreement’s terms and conditions and enjoy our streamlined services. Do this and you’ll catch our latest offers and receive your next bundle of reward vouchers. You can also check these preferences in your online account, when you sign in.
We recommend that you create an online account so that you can manage your personal details. If you’re an existing member, link your Avis Preferred profile to an online account here.
If you’re an Avis Preferred member but do not have an online account, please go to the 'Your Avis' section at the top of this page, select 'Join Avis Preferred' and then hit 'I Already Have An Account'.
The small print
- Avis Preferred members must make their reservation four hours in advance. Please ensure that your Avis Preferred profile is up to date (including an email address).
- Priority on the newest cars is subject to availability, for your chosen rental period, at your destination rental station
- Keys in car service is currently available at selected Avis Preferred locations across Europe, USA, Canada and Australia
- Free weekend rentals are valid in the countries specified on your e-voucher for a three-day rental for a small to mid-size car. This includes fees, mandatory cover and taxes. Fuel, extra services and airport surcharges are not included.
- Free weekend rentals must be booked via the link given on the voucher
- Single car upgrades are subject to availability for Avis Preferred Plus members. Double upgrades for Avis President's Club members are also subject to availability.
- Upgrades are not eligible with vans, Avis Select Series vehicles, Luxury or Prestige cars, chauffeur-driven services, Safari rental or rentals of over 14 days in duration.
- Avis President's Club members' single upgrades are guaranteed at airport and railway stations at countries where Loyalty lives (see above) and at city-centre locations upon availability.
- Avis President’s Club members can bank on getting guaranteed cars on demand with bookings made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Corporate customers: your travel policy or corporate agreement may exclude you from upgrading to the higher tiers of the programme – check with your account manager – but you should still sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- Partnership customers: your travel policy or partnership agreement may exclude upgrades and free rentals – sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- To complete your Avis Preferred application, you just need your driving licence and payment card – and you must comply with the country’s booking terms and conditions.
- Avis Preferred loyalty tier spend can be accrued when hiring standard fleet, Avis Select Series and, in certain countries, Avis Prestige vehicles.
- Loyalty tier spend can also be accrued when renting Vans, Luxury cars and chauffeur-driven services in South Africa.