Ride like a pro and win* with Avis Van Rental
Ride like a Pro wih Avis Van Rental - Winner AnnouncedAvis Van Rental invited mountain biking enthusiasts to enter and stand a chance of winning a team entry into the 2018 Old Mutual joBerg2c.
The prize includes:
- A team joBerg2c 2018 entry
- Avis Van Rental cycling kit
- Avis Safari vehicle with a driver, for the duration of the event
Thank you to all the entrants that submitted their video for the competition!
- This Competition is organized by Avis Van Rental acting under licensee of Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
- By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
- A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 27 November 2017 until 19 January 2018 on the Promoter’s website (www.avisvanrental.co.za).
- The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including joBerg2c cc (herein after referred to as “j2c”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition, including Hub Online Media (Proprietary) Limited (herein after referred to as “Bike Hub”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the marketing service provider;
4.6 Under the age of 19 years on 20 April 2018.
- The Competition commences on 27 November 2017 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 19 January 2018 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
- There is 1 (one) prize to be won in the Competition consisting of the following:
6.1 A team entry into the 2018 j2c mountain bike stage race taking place from 20 to 28 April 2018 for the winner and a riding partner of his / her choice. The team entry is valued at R41,580 and is subject to j2c’s entry criteria and event rules. The winner and his / her riding partner are deemed to be aware of and accept all said criteria and rules, which are available on j2c’s website (www.joberg2c.co.za).
6.2 A team cycling kit consisting of 8 (eight) sets of Avis Van Rental branded cycling gear (4 (four) sets per rider) comprising of bibs and jerseys. The team cycling kit is valued at R18,000.
6.3 An Avis Safari rental vehicle equivalent to a Group N for the duration of the race. The safari rental is valued at R19,800 and includes time, mileage, super collision damage waiver and super theft loss waiver, contract fee, responsibility amount (where applicable) and all fuel used during the duration of the race. A driver will be provided to move the vehicle from one race village to the next for the duration of the race. The vehicle may only be driven by the designated driver as appointed by the Promoter or by the winner and his / her riding partner, who must be over 21 years of age and in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s license to drive the vehicle. The safari rental is subject to Avis Safari Rentals’ standard terms and conditions. The winner and his / her riding partner are deemed to be aware of and accept all said terms and conditions.
- The winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website (www.avisvanrental.co.za), as well as on other social networking pages operated by the Promoter and j2c, including Facebook and Twitter, on 2 February 2018
- To participate in the Competition, a participant must:
8.1 Not be contracted by or part of a professional cycling team.
8.2 Be available to participate in the j2c race between 20 and 28 April 2018.
8.3 Ride for the Promoter in the Avis Van Rental branded cycle gear provided as part of the prize.
8.4 Be fit and skilled enough to complete the j2c race.
8.5 Submit a motivation by way of a short video clip that is not more than 2 minutes long to reach the Promoter by latest 23h59 SAST on 19 January 2018. The video clip must be uploaded to the Competition landing page on Bike Hub’s website (www.bikehub.co.za). In the video, the participant must motivate as to why he / she and his / her riding partner believe they deserve to “Ride Like a Pro” with Avis Van Rental at the 2018 J2c and be selected as the winner. The participant can feature alone or together with his / her riding partner in the video. The most common video formats will be accepted, including .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .m2v, .avi and .mpg, with the easiest method of entry being directly from a mobile phone.
The requirements relating to paragraphs 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 also apply to the participant’s riding partner. Late entries received after the specified closing date and time will not qualify for entry into the Competition. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one entry per participant and his / her riding partner is permitted. Accordingly, a riding partner may not also enter as a participant.
- A representative/s of the Promoter will evaluate the videos submitted from which the best 5 (five) motivations will be selected as finalists. Of the 5 (five) finalists, the public will have an opportunity to vote for their favourite motivation on Bike Hub’s website (www.bikehub.co.za). The voting will commence on 24 January 2018 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 31 January 2018 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive). The details of how to vote will be available on Bike Hub’s website (http://ridelikeapro.bikehub.co.za/vote) from 27 November 2017. The motivation that receives the most amount of votes will be selected as the overall winner. In the event of a tie between two or more motivations receiving the same amount of votes for first place, the winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 will be eligible for entry into the Competition.
- In the unfortunate event that a team member selected as one of the finalists or the winner is unable to compete due to unforeseen circumstances, including but not limited to death, injury or illness or that of a family member, the relevant individual may be substituted by the remaining team member subject to notification to the Promoter
- The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, j2c, Bike Hub or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place, with the motivation that received the second highest amount of votes being selected as the winner. In the event of a tie between two or more motivations receiving the same amount of votes for second place, the replacement winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter.
- All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, j2c and Bike Hub, as well as their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, j2c or Bike Hub.
- The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and the motivation that received the second highest amount of votes will be selected as the winner. In the event of a tie between two or more motivations receiving the same amount of votes for second place, the replacement winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter.
- Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 11, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and the process for redeeming the prize.
- The prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to and redeemed by the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter, j2c and Bike Hub are not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
- The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the promotion misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
- The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the selection takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
- Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.