1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
3.1 Be a fan of Avis South Africa on the Avis South Africa Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica); and
3.2 Specify where they would like their celebration of love to take them this Valentine’s Day by posting their dream destination in the comments on the Avis South Africa’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica).
Multiple entries are permitted and every post on Avis South Africa’s Facebook page qualifies as 1 (one) entry into the Competition subject to the aforementioned participations requirements in paragraphs 3.1 and 3.2 above being met.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 12 February 2018 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 14 February 2018 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. There are 2 (two) prizes to be won in total, each consisting of a weekend car rental comprising of three (3) days in a Group B vehicle valued at R2,200.
The prize includes time and mileage of 100 free kilometres per day. Additional kilometers travelled will be charged at R2.93 per kilometre. The prize also includes super collision damage waiver and theft loss waiver, but specifically excludes the cost of the contract fee, fuel and any other additional service charges that may be incurred. Should the vehicle not be returned within the stipulated time, a car hire charge will be levied on the winner for the period in excess of the period for which the winner was entitled to the use of the vehicle.
The winner of the prize must be the sole driver of the vehicle and must be over 18 (eighteen) years of age and in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s license. In the event of an accident, damage to or theft of the vehicle, the winner will be liable for the applicable responsibility amount. The winner of the prize must be in possession of a valid credit card, which must be presented at the time of collection of the vehicle for the contract fee, fuel and any additional service charges that may be incurred, as well as the responsibility amount, where applicable. A refundable deposit of R5,000 is required for all weekend rentals, which will be used as security for any charges that may be levied on the winner.
The vehicle may only be driven in South Africa. No additional drivers are permitted on weekend rentals countrywide. Weekend rentals start on Thursday midday and end on Monday midday. The prize is subject to availability and may not be redeemed during peak periods, including long weekends and school holidays. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to book his / her preferred dates. The prize is subject to Avis’ standard car rental contract terms and conditions. The winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions. The prize is valid for a period of 6 (six) months from the date on which it is issued to the winner. No extension will be granted if the prize is not redeemed within the specified time.
7. The winners will be announced on the Avis South Africa Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica) on 16 February 2018.
8 The winners will be determined by way of an evaluation process to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 16 February 2018. The prizes will be awarded to the entries for the most interesting and creative posts that meet the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 3.1 and 3.2 above.
9. The prize winners will be notified via Facebook. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winners, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
10 A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
11 All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or marketing service provider of this Competition.
12 The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach a winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
13 Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 9 above, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
14. The prize is not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
15 The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
16 The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. . The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17 A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 12 February 2018 at 00h00 SAST until 14 February 2018 at 23h59 SAST on the Promoter’s website (www.avis.co.za).
18 Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19 The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.