Win a night out* with your loved one this Valentine's month!
Spoil your loved one with a night out on Avis!
Avis is sharing the love through the Valentine's month by giving away a dinner for two and an Avis Chauffeur drive experience.
Send us your unique and catchy Valentine tagline by completing the form below and stand the chance to win a night out to the value of R6300!*
*Below terms and conditions apply
Submit your Valentine's tagline
1. This Competition is organized by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and the winner agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 11 February 2021 until 5 March 2021 on the Avis Website.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of the Republic of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including, but not limited to ,parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including, but not limited to, parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Any person under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 11 February 2021 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 26 February 2021 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. The prize consists of,
6.1 A three (3) hour Avis Chauffeur Drive in a sedan vehicle (Group I: 2 x zone A transfers e.g. BMW 3 series or similar, to the value of R5100 in the Johannesburg/Pretoria, Durban ,Cape Town or Bloemfontein metropolitan areas (subject to availability in those specific areas)
6.2 A dinner voucher for two to the maximum value of R1200. Located in the Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town or Bloemfontein metropolitan areas.
6.3 The Avis Chauffeur Drive and meal voucher prize package must be redeemed by 31 December 2021 where after it will expire if not redeemed by this date. The transfers are subject to all Avis Chauffeur Drive’s standard terms and conditions
6.4 The winner will be announced on the Avis Social media pages on 5 March 2021.
To participate in the Competition, participants must:
- Send Avis a unique and catchy Valentine tagline, tagging the Avis social media accounts @AvisSouthAfrica and Avis Southern Africa
- Comment and share your tagline stories on the competition post on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Use the hashtag #ExperiencetheLove
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (optional)
- 18 years or older and hold a valid driver’s license active for a minimum of 1 year
7. The prize consists of,
7.1 A three (3) hour Avis Chauffeur Drive in a sedan vehicle (Group I: 2 x zone A transfers e.g. BMW 3 series or similar, to the value of R5100 in the Johannesburg/Pretoria, Durban ,Cape Town or Bloemfontein metropolitan areas (subject to availability in those specific areas)
7.2 A dinner voucher for two to the maximum value of R1200. Located in the Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town or Bloemfontein metropolitan areas.
7.3 The Chauffeur Drive and meal voucher prize package must be redeemed by 31 December 2021 where after it will expire if not redeemed by this date. The transfers are subject to all Avis Chauffeur Drive’s standard terms and conditions.
8. Multiple entries are permitted.
9. The winner will be determined by way of selection based on creativity in the view of the Promoter and the winner will be selected by representative/s of the Promoter on 3 March 2021. All correct entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in these Terms and Condition will be eligible for selection.
9.1. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database.
9.2 This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation. The Promoter shall comply with the Promotion to Access of Information Act in this regard.
10. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
11. All participants and the winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter ,its subsidiaries, holding company and any subsidiaries of its holding company (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including, but not limited to, loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death and/or property damage unless and to the extent due to the negligence of the Promoter. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter’s liability shall exclude all indirect, consequential, special and/or punitive losses and/or damages and the Promoter’s liability shall be limited to direct damages and losses to the maximum cumulative value of R 5 (five) million ,unless otherwise prescribed by law.
12. The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 2 (two) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person for whatsoever reason during this period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
13. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 8 above, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
14. The prize is strictly non-transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change or credit will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
15. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.