Avis Preferred Campaign Competition Rules
- This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
- By entering the Competition, all participants and winner agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
- A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 13 January 2017 until 13 March 2017 on the Promoter’s website (www.avis.co.za).
- The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1. A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2. A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3. A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4. A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.4 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.5. Under the age of 18 years.
- The Competition commences on 13 January 2017 at 24h00 SAST and ends on 13 March 2017 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
- There is 1 (one) prize to be won, consisting of a 3 (three) piece Samsonite Luggage set valued at R 10 350. The set comprises of a 75cm, a 65cm and a 55cm suitcase.
- The winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website (www.avis.co.za), as well as the Promoter’s Facebook and Twitter pages on the day of the winner being selected as per the date specified in paragraph 9. The announcement will remain on the Promoter’s website and social media platforms until 31 March 2017.
- To participate in the Competition, participants must:
8.1. Be an existing Avis Preferred member or join to become an Avis Preferred member; and
8.2 Complete at least one rental by making a reservation for an Avis car for collection and return between 13 January 2017 and 13 March 2017 (both days inclusive) at any rental location in South Africa. Insurance and manufacturer or service warranty replacement vehicle rentals do not qualify for entry into the Competition.
Multiple entries are permitted and every returned car rental qualifies as 1 (one) entry into the Competition, subject to the aforementioned participation requirements being met.
Registration to become an Avis Preferred member can be done online at https://www.avis.co.za/your-avis/avis-loyalty/how-it-works.
- The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter on 17 March 2017. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meets the specified participation requirements.
- The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- All participants and the winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10, the Promoter will arrange delivery of the prize to the winner’s nominated physical address within South Africa.
- The prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
- The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
- The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
- Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.