Cape Town Cycle Tour
Win* a Wattbike Pro valued at R71 000
Terms and Conditions
1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. To participate in the Competition, participants can only enter the competition once via one of the following options
3.1 Rent with Avis in Cape Town during the Cape Town Cycle Tour between 5th and 7th of March 2020 at 12 noon SAST– which equates to 5 entries into the draw .
3.2 Participate in the Wattbike Challenge at the Cycle Tour Expo at Cape Town Stadium between 5 and 7 March 2020 –which equates to 2 entries into the draw.
3.3 Qualifying participants will be automatically entered into the draw.Winners of a particular draw will not qualify for the subsequent draws.
4. Participants stand a chance to win the prizes stipulated below in random draws which will be conducted digitally utilising an Excel macro system which will determine the respective winners
4.1 Brand New Galaxy Gear S3 Classic watch- To be drawn on 10 March 2020 at 18H30SAST
4.2 Wattbike Pro to the value of R71 995-00 incl vat –To be drawn on 11 March 2020 at 15H30 SAST
5. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
5.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
5.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 5.1 above;
5.3 A supplier of goods or services which are the prizes under this Competition (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
5.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 5.3 above;
5.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
5.6 Under the age of 18 years.
6. The Competition commences on 5 March 2020 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 7 March 2020 as set out clause 3.1 and 3.2 above
7. The winners will be drawn as set out clause 4 above ,and announced via social media
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica/ (Avis SouthernAfrica);
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvisSouthAfrica (@AvisSouthAfrica);
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/avissouthafrica/ (Avissouthafrica)
• And retweeted by Performance Through Science (Wattbike distributor in Southern Africa) social Media pages
9. The prize winners will be notified via participants e-mail and / or telephonically The winners will be required to provide a copy of their identity document upon delivery of their prizes for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and the winners, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation. All applicable data privacy laws will be complied with by the Promoter.
10 A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
11 All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of its holding companies (including its directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss , damages, personal injury, death and/or property damage that may be sustained directly and/or indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, unless and to the extent due to the negligence of the Promoter.. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Rules and unless otherwise prescribed by law, the maximum cumulative liability of the Promoter shall never exceed an amount of R 5(five) million and shall be limited accordingly.
12 The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after evaluating the results. If the Promoter is unable to reach a winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
13 Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 12 above, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
14. The prize is not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. . The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
15 The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
16 The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the evaluation of the results takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17 A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 5 March 2020 at 00h00 SAST until 12 March 2020 on the Promoter’s website (www.avis.co.za) and Wattbike, at the grand prize partner’s website Wattbike (www.performancethroughscience.com/Wattbike
18 Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19 The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.