Stand a chance to win* a free Avis Chauffeur Drive Service
Your next Avis Chauffeur Drive Service could be free!
Book and rent your chauffeur drive between 01 - 29 February 2020 and receive an automatic entry into a draw to win your next chauffeur drive service for free!
Below terms and conditions applyBook Now
AVIS CHAUFFEUR DRIVEN SERVICES
1. This Competition is organized by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winner agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 29 January 2020 until 29 February 2020 on the Avis
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of the republic of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 29 January 2020 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 29 February 2020 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. The prize consists of,
6.1 A three (3) hour Avis Chauffeur Drive in a sedan vehicle (e.g. BMW 5 series or similar, subject to availability). Booking to the value of R3190 (Group I, 3 hours). The Chauffeur Drive is redeemable in Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg/Pretoria only and are subject to availability in specific areas. A sedan class vehicle is able to accommodate a maximum of three (3) passengers. The Chauffeur Drive prize must be redeemed by 31 December 2020 where after it will expire if not redeemed by this date. The transfer is subject to all Avis Chauffeur Drive’s standard terms and conditions.
7. The winner will be announced on the Avis Social media pages on 5 March 2020.
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
8.1 Be a permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa
8.2 Book and rent chauffeur drive with Avis Chauffeur Drive between 1 February 2020 and 29 February 2020. An automatic entry into the draw will be done for bookings and rentals completed in this period.
Multiple entries are permitted.
9. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 3 March 2020. All correct entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn.
The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winner, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation
10. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
11. All participants and winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or marketing service provider of this Competition.
12. The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 2 (two) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
13. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph above 10, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
14. The prize is strictly non-transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change or credit will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
15. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
18. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.