Win* with Avis Preferred
Sign up and rent with Avis PreferredStand a chance to win a new VW Polo Vivo and trips to Mauritius, Zanzibar or a sea cruise to Mozambique!*
All you need to do is sign up and rent with Avis Preferred between 01 June – 31 July 2018, to stand a chance to win these great prizes!
Existing Avis Preferred members will be automatically entered into the competition if they rent with Avis during the promotional period!
Everyone wins with Avis Preferred Loyalty– membership is free! Get rewarded with free upgrades and weekend rentals.+ Sign up once and never again - no more paperwork. Simply show your driver’s license and you are on you way! Find out more about Avis Preferred Loyalty.
Sign Up for Avis Preferred Loyalty
- This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
- By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
- A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 01 June 2018 until 31 July 2018 on the Promoter’s website http://www.avis.co.za.
- The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier.
4.4 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
- The Competition commences on 01 June 2018 at 00h00 SAST and ends on 31 July 2018 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive). The winners will be drawn and announced on 24 August 2018.
- There are 4 (Four) prizes to be won in total, consisting of a VW POLO VIVO TRENDLINE or similar as the Grand prize, and 3 travel vouchers from Seekers Travel to Zanzibar, Mauritius or Mozambique, to be awarded after the duration of the Competition. The Promotor shall select the applicable destination for each travel voucher in its sole discretion.
6.1 Grand PrizeThe vehicle has been pre-ordered and accordingly, all vehicle specifications, including the colour of the vehicle, are not negotiable. The prize includes administration fees, pre-delivery service fees, licence and registration and on the road fees, but specifically excludes any optional extras, accessories and / or value added products, including personalised number plates, vehicle tracking device and safety tint film.
The Promoter will have the vehicle registered and licensed in the winner’s name through Avis Car Sales. The vehicle may only be registered in the name of the person named as the winner. The winner will be required to provide all requisite documentation, including a copy of his / her identity document, to Avis Car Sales for the purposes of registering and licensing the vehicle.
The winner will be required to collect the vehicle from his / her nearest Avis Car Sales branch.
Risk of any loss or damage or claims in and to the vehicle shall pass to the winner on collection or by the winner removing or having the vehicle removed from Avis Cars Sales’ premises. On passing of the risk in the vehicle to the winner means that the winner must insure the vehicle as from the date of collection. Should the winner not insure the vehicle correctly, and if anything happens to it or should any damage or harm be caused to it, the winner will be liable for it.
6.2 3 (three) Seekers Travel Voucher Prizes
The 3 (three) Travel voucher prizes in the competition are subject to the following terms and conditions:
• Vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of issue, without seasonal restrictions and under no circumstances will an extension be permitted after the expiry date.
• Original valid vouchers must be presented to Seekers Travel to settle an account. Retroactive voucher claims will not be accepted.
• Each voucher may only be used on one occasion, i.e. expires on use.
• Any amount exceeding the voucher total will be for the voucher holder’s personal account and must be settled in full by the bearer prior to documents being processed.
• Should a voucher be transacted for lesser value than face value, the balance will be non-refundable and such balance shall lapse on date of the transaction.
• Vouchers may be used for air tickets, cruises, packages, safaris and any other travel services provided by Seekers Travel (excludes foreign exchange), to the respective destinations referred to in 6 above..
• Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
• Vouchers must be treated as cash and thus vouchers that are lost, stolen, otherwise destroyed or fraudulently obtained will not be refunded or replaced.
• Vouchers will only be valid if signed by two authorised signatories of Seekers Travel.
• In the event of a voucher being transferred, ID document and holder authorisation is required.
• Altered vouchers will be deemed invalid.
- The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za and various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube on the day of the winner being selected as per the date specified in paragraph
- To be eligible for entry into the Competition, participants must:
8.1 Complete the Avis Preferred Sign Up application form on the Avis website https://www.avis.co.za/signUp, or existing Avis Preferred members are eligible to enter the competition within the stated period as per the dates specified in paragraph 5; and
i. Option 1 – Participants must rent and return a vehicle from any Avis Rent a Car, Avis Luxury Cars, Avis Van Rental or Avis Truck Rental branch in South Africa during the promotional period as specified in paragraph 5. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must return the vehicle on or before the last day of the Competition, being 31 July 2018. Insurance and/or manufacturer and/or service warranty replacement vehicle rentals do not qualify for entry into the Competition; or.
ii. Option 2 – Participants must complete a transfer from any Avis Point 2 Point or Avis Chauffeur Drive branch in South Africa during the promotional period as specified in paragraph 5 Multiple entries are permitted. A participant can only win once. 8.2 The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter. All entries meeting the eligibility requirements as specified in paragraph 8 above will be automatically entered into the draw. The respective prizes will be awarded to each first entry drawn that meets the specified participation requirements.
- The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The winners of the competition may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winners, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should a winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, Avis Rent a Car, supplier of goods and services, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, Avis Rent a Car or marketing service provider of this Competition. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Competition Rules, and unless otherwise prescribed by law, the maximum cumulative liability of the parties indemnified in terms of this clause shall never exceed the value of the applicable prize, and shall be limited accordingly.
- The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach a winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- Following successful notification of the grand prize winner by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10 above, the grand prize winner, will need to take ownership of the vehicle within 5 (five) business days of selection of the winner as per the dates specified in paragraph 5 and the vehicle will be available for collection by no later than 31 October 2018, or sooner depending on stock availability. The winner of the grand prize must collect the vehicle from Avis Car Sales in accordance with paragraph 5 within 30 days of the date of the vehicle being available for collection. In the event that that vehicle is not collected within 30 days of this date, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen. The travel vouchers will be emailed to the winners.
The grand prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. In the event of a travel voucher being transferred, ID document and holder authorisation is required. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prizes are permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prizes. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prizes cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prizes.
- The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition, unless attributable to the negligence of the Promotor, and only to the extent so caused.
- The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
- Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Avis Preferred members must make their reservation four hours in advance. Please ensure that your Avis Preferred profile is up to date (including an email address).
- Priority on the newest cars is subject to availability, for your chosen rental period, at your destination rental station.
- Keys in car service is currently available at selected Avis Preferred locations across Europe, USA, Canada and Australia.
- Free weekend rentals are valid in the countries specified on your e-voucher for a three-day rental for a small to mid-size car (Group A vehicle in South Africa). This includes fees, mandatory cover and taxes. Fuel, extra services and airport surcharges are not included.
- Free weekend rentals must be booked via the link given on the voucher.
- Single car upgrades are subject to availability for Avis Preferred Plus members. Double upgrades for Avis President's Club members are also subject to availability.
- Upgrades are not eligible with vans, Avis Select Series vehicles, Luxury or Prestige cars, chauffeur-driven services, Safari rental or rentals of over 14 days in duration.
- Avis President's Club members' single upgrades are guaranteed at airport and railway stations at countries where Loyalty lives (see above) and at city-centre locations upon availability.
- Avis President’s Club members can bank on getting guaranteed cars on demand with bookings made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Corporate customers: your travel policy or corporate agreement may exclude participating in the Avis Preferred Loyalty programme - check with your Avis account manager. You will still be able to sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- Partnerships: the partnership agreement may exclude participating in the Avis Preferred Loyalty programme. Refer to partnership offering. You will still be able to sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- To complete your Avis Preferred application, you just need your driving licence and payment card – and you must comply with the country’s booking terms and conditions.
- Avis Preferred loyalty tier spend can be accrued when hiring standard fleet, Avis Select Series and, in certain countries, Avis Prestige vehicles.
- Loyalty tier spend can also be accrued when renting Vans, Luxury cars and chauffeur-driven services in South Africa.