Exclusive Offer for Repatriation
We've reduced our car hire rates for your repatriation needs.
Car hire to get you home safely...
Do you or your loved ones need transportation for repatriation to your home country or to get home safely after waiting in quarantine? Allow us to help take the weight off your shoulders with our exclusive car hire offer.
To keep you safe, our staff are enforcing the strictest hygiene and preventative standards, as well as using enhanced car cleaning processes, to minimise the risk of exposure to Covid-19 during your rental experience.
You will need to present a valid method of payment, driver's licence and passport, as well as some form of authorisation to travel, such as a letter from your consulate / embassy or a Government document granting permission.
To book a car please complete the form below and an Avis Brand Ambassador will get in touch with you shortly.
Avis - trying harder to help you during these challenging times.
*Terms and Conditions Apply - Please see below
Request a car
Book with Confidence
We have enhanced our already robust cleaning techniques of our vehicles after each rental and in particular, we are paying special attention to places that people touch such as door handles, steering wheels, controls and other hard surfaces by cleaning these with alcohol-based sanitizer.
We are cleaning all our facilities frequently with recommended sanitizing products. This includes work surfaces, telephone handsets, computer keyboards, laptops, tablets, cell phones and frequently handled equipment. We have placed hand sanitisers at key points in all of our sites to encourage customers, suppliers, visitors and employees to constantly clean their hands.
Welfare of Employees
We are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees and this includes instructing all employees who feel ill to stay at home and consult their healthcare providers. All our staff are being informed to be vigilant about frequent hand washing. We strongly advise against direct personal contact such as handshakes and hugging as this could also transmit the infection.
- Valid for rentals picked up and returned during the lockdown period, until 30 June 2020.
- Customer must present their method of payment, driver's licence, passport, as well as some form of authorisation to be travelling, such as a letter from consulate / embassy or a Government document granting permission.
- Free cancellation - Cancel with no charge up to the moment you collect
- Maximum 30 day rental
- This offer applies to standard cars in Group B (e.g. VW Polo Vivo), C (e.g. Toyota Corolla), N (e.g. Mercedes Vito) or O (e.g. Toyota Verso)
- All rentals are subject to additional surcharges for voluntary options (e.g. special equipment, additional drivers, fuel, etc.)
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or offer
- Renters must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Avis accepts Avis honoured credit/charge cards, American Express, Diners, Mastercard and Visa. Avis South Africa does not accept debit cards, EFT or cash payments
- Offer is non-commissionable
- Offer is subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Standard Avis Rental Terms and Conditions apply
Branches open for essential services
The following branches will be operating from 01 June 2020 for the duration of the Level 3 nation-wide lockdown.
Operating hours for all branches are 08h00 - 17h00 Monday to Friday, 08h00 - 12h00 Saturdays (excl. branches in the Eastern Cape), and closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Bloemfontein City Centre
- Cape Town City Centre
- Centurion - Pretoria
- Durban City Centre
- East London City Centre
- George City Centre
- Isando - Johannesburg
- Jeffreys Bay
- King Williams Town
- Menlyn - Pretoria
- Mmabatho City Centre
- Mossel Bay
- Nelspruit City Centre
- Port Alfred
- Port Elizabeth City Centre
- Pretoria City Centre
- Richards Bay
- Somerset West