Level 3 Travel Special from R142* per day
Inclusive of one way fees and a reduced liability, valid until 31 August 2020.
Discounted car hire for Level 3 of Lockdown
We look forward to helping you get to wherever you need to go, safely. When you're ready, we're here for you. Read more about the Avis Safety Pledge.
Per day prices starting from:
Group A - e.g. Kia Picanto for R142*
Group B - e.g. VW Polo Vivo for R150*
Group C - e.g. Toyota Corolla for R176*
Group N - e.g. Mercedes-Benz Vito for R517*
Group O - e.g. Toyota Avanza for R212*
With more car groups available when booking.
We've also removed the need to worry about high unexpected charges should any mishaps happen - with our Super Collision Damage* and Theft Loss Waivers* included.
Cars are available at the branches below which have re-opened for business. The offer stands for rentals picked up and returned from now until 31 August 2020. Simply use the booking panel above to get your discounted rate.
Branches open for essential services
The following branches will be operating from 01 June 2020 for the duration of the Level 3 nation-wide lockdown.
Operating hours for all branches are 08h00 - 17h00 Monday to Friday, 08h00 - 12h00 Saturdays (excl. branches in the Eastern Cape), and closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Airport Industria
- Ballito (operating from Avis Car Sales - 8 Moffat Drive, Ballito)
- Bloemfontein City Centre
- Cape Town City Centre
- Cape Town International Airport
- Centurion - Pretoria
- Durban City Centre
- Durban King Shaka International Airport
- George City Centre
- George Airport
- Grand Central Airport
- Isando - Johannesburg
- Kurger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Jeffreys Bay
- King Williams Town
- Lanseria Airport
- Menlyn - Pretoria
- Mmabatho City Centre
- Mossel Bay
- Nelspruit City Centre
- OR Tambo International Airport
- Port Alfred
- Port Elizabeth Airport
- Port Elizabeth City Centre
- Pretoria City Centre
- Richards Bay
- Sandton Gautrain
- St Lucia
- Valid for rentals picked up and returned during the lockdown period, until 31 August 2020.
- We do not require a permit to travel at time of pickup, however you will be required to be compliant with the necessary travel permits by the authorities.
- Free cancellation - Cancel with no charge up to the moment you collect
- Available for domestic South African rentals only
- Available on Avis.co.za/car-hire-offers/south-african-offers/essential-workers-offer only
- Car Group G (e.g. BMW X3) and Group J (e.g. VW Tiguan) are not available on this offer.
- All rentals are subject to additional surcharges for voluntary options (e.g. special equipment, additional drivers, fuel, etc.)
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or offer
- Renters must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Avis accepts Avis honoured credit/charge cards, American Express, Diners, Mastercard and Visa. Avis South Africa does not accept debit cards, EFT or cash payments
- Offer is non-commissionable
- Offer is subject to availability and subject to change without notice
- Standard Avis Rental Terms and Conditions apply
- Super Collision Damage Waiver (Liability applies*)
- Super Theft Loss Waiver (Liability applies*)
- One Way Fees
- 100km free kilometres per day
- Rental Contract Fee
- Tourism Levy
- Airport Surcharge
- Delivery/Collection Fees
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Additional Drivers Fee
- Frequent Flyer Miles
- Windscreen and Tyre Damage Waiver
- Other optional services e.g. Baby Seats, GPS, etc.