MiniLease Terms and Conditions
(in addition to the Standard Terms and Conditions of rental as they appear on the Rental Agreement)
- Minimum qualifying rental length is 3 months. A R1000 early termination charge will apply in the event the rental is terminated for any reason (other than by Avis as provided for in the Standard Terms and Conditions of rental) before the expiry of 3 months.
- A Maximum of 3 additional drivers will be allowed. The additional drivers will be limited to the individuals noted on the Mini Lease Order Form.
- The Primary Driver/Renter will at all times remain liable for the vehicle and will ensure that any additional driver adheres to the Standard Terms and Conditions of rental as it appears on the Rental Agreement.
- In the event that the vehicle is delivered to or collected by any other person than the Primary Driver/Renter (provided that the person taking possession of the vehicle must be one of the nominated additional drivers), Avis will deem the person so taking delivery of the vehicle as being a duly authorised and appointed agent acting on behalf of the Primary Driver/Renter.
- The Primary Driver/Renter will adhere to all requests by Avis in respect of the servicing of the vehicle and will ensure that all services required are met within the deadlines of Avis and/or the manufacturer. Should the Primary Driver/Renter fail to have the vehicle services as set out Avis will be entitled to recover any loss or damages suffered from the Primary Driver/Renter.
- A Loan vehicle will be provided when the rental vehicle is returned for servicing. The loan vehicle may however not be the same make, model or colour, nor will it have the accessories (if any) of the vehicle on rent.
- This rental will end in the event of any one or more of the following: An odometer reading of 35,000 kilometres is reached, an accident occurs for which the vehicle is deemed, by Avis, to be uneconomical to repair, theft of the vehicle, the customer no longer requiring the use of the vehicle (subject to 1 above), or the rental has reached 11 months in duration.
- The cost of required accessories or special equipment to be fitted to the vehicle will be for the account of the Renter, and must be paid in full and in advance. These additional costs are not refundable and the renter agrees that the equipment may only be removed from the vehicle if no modification to the vehicle was required in order to fit the accessory and/or will not negatively influence the re-sale value of the vehicle.
- The renter indemnifies Avis against any and all claims that result from the use of and/or is associated with the fitted accessories.
- The Avis Standard Terms and Conditions of Rental is deemed to be incorporated in addition to the terms contained herein. The said terms are subject to change without notice. The Primary Driver/Renter acknowledges that this has been brought to its attention and that he/she will be bound by all terms applicable.
- In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions set out in this document and those of the Standard Terms and Conditions of rental it is agreed that the content as contained and set out in this document (and only those) will take precedence over those of the Standard Terms and Conditions of rental.