1. This Competition is organised by Avis Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent-a-Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 1 February 2013 and can be obtained from www.avis.co.za and www.flysaa.com. The competition rules can be downloaded in printed form from the Promoter’s website).
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 February 2013 and ends on 28 February 2013 (both days inclusive).
6. The prize in the Competition comprises of winning one of ten complimentary weekend car rentals, if an SAA customer book their car rental via www.flysaa.com during the February 2013. The prize is valid for 6 months
7. The winner will be announced on www.avis.co.za and www.flysaa.com and such announcement shall commence from 15 March 2013 to 15 April 2013 (both days inclusive).
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must fly with SAA and book car rental on www.flysaa.com.with Avis during the month of February 2013
8.1 The prize is valid for 6 months from the issued date on the prize winner’s letter.
8.2 The prize includes time, mileage and standard theft loss and collision damage waivers as well as the contract fee. Upgrading to super collision damage waiver will be for the winner’s account. In the event of an accident, damage or theft to the vehicle, the winner will be held liable for the applicable responsibility amount.
8.3 The prize includes 100km free per day, additional kilometers travelled will be charged at R2.93 per kilometer.
8.4 The winner must be in possession of a valid credit card for which any additional charges will be payable by the winner on termination of the rental period.
8.5 The prize specifically excludes fuel, any additional charges and any items not specifically included in these terms and conditions.
8.6 The driver must be over 18 years of age and be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
8.7 The prize is subject to vehicle availability and excludes peak periods such as Easter and December festive season.
8.8 The prize may not be exchanged for cash and is not transferable.
8.9 All Avis standard terms and conditions apply
9. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw conducted by representative/s of the Promoter) to take place on 13 March 2013.
10. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify and thereby consents to the processing of his / her personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person within 60 days of drawing his / her entry for whatsoever reason / by 6 May 2013 after drawing his / her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. The Promoter will contact the winner and email the details of the prize together with the rental voucher.
15. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.